*points at favorite band* i hate that band
*points at favorite band member* he’s the worst
I am trying to explain rape culture to a group of conservative 15-year-old Hispanic students
- Me: Rape culture is essentially the way our culture tries to blame the victim. For example, if a girl is raped, we ask 'What were you wearing?' or 'Were you drinking?'
- Male student: Okay, but what if a girl is drunk but she is like going along with it?
- Me: Well, how drunk is she? At a certain point, you are too impaired to really give consent.
- Male student: But she didn't say no.
- Me: But she didn't say yes.
- Male student: This is a hard topic.
- Me: I know it is. But that's because you have been taught to believe that the victim is at fault. You're fighting the way you've been trained to think. It might be hard.
- Male student: Okay. So say the girl is drunk, but you don't KNOW she's drunk
- Me: I'm pretty sure you can tell when someone's drunk.
- Male student: Well, but just say I didn't. Would it still be rape?
- Me: I guess it really depends on how she feels about it.
- Male student: But she made the choice to get drunk. Why is that my fault?
- Me: It's not your fault she made that choice, but it's your responsibility to make sure she's consenting.
- Male student: Okay, what if the girl is drinking and...
- Me: Okay, look. New rule. No sex with drunk girls.
waiting for your order like
real footage of ur amazon order being processed